Friday, December 29, 2017

Pray for Your Enemies



In these dark times, praying for our enemies is essential. I 

want to offer some guidance on praying for those outside 

of the family of God. The scriptures below were shown to 

me after interceding prayer for several families. In one family, 

I was not allowed to cast out what was there, and it actually 

materialized forcefully in the spirit and told me so, since the 

individuals had given it legal right to enter. I backed out of 

the prayer and later, the Lord gave me a different way to pray

for them...using the Lord's prayer. 







Even as we have no right to go into another person's home 

and remove something that they brought in and are tied to, 

so in the spirit, this is also true. They need to humble 

themselves and set aside willful disobedience, and turn to 

Christ and then He will break every chain and make the evil 

leave. Without His authority in that life, we lack authority in 

our prayers, so we have to pray for the hearts themselves to 

open and turn to Him. 





Image result for The Kingdom of God




Keep this in mind when praying for your enemies, or those 

who are willfully disobedient to God. We can pray....

"let Your kingdom come in ______'s heart and home and 

Your will be done in them, as it is done in heaven.....Give 

them their daily bread....forgive them and help them to 

forgive...lead them from temptation and deliver them..." 

using His prayer as a model of how to pray for them.





Image result for Psalm 131





This was humbling for me and the encounter with the 

demonic was startling and disturbing, since I was praying 

for a friend, who had rejected her early faith. The verses 

the Lord gave me afterwards were comforting: 




Psalm 131 Oh Lord my heart is not proud or my eyes 

haughty nor do I involve my self in great matters, or 

in things too difficult for me. Surely I have composed 

and quieted my soul.  Like a weaned child rests against 

his mother, my soul is like a weaned child within me. 

Oh Israel, hope in the Lord  from this time forth 

and forevermore.



Image result for Psalm 131



Matt 6:13 and do not lead us into temptation but deliver us 

from evil, for thine is the power and the glory forevermore.